I can't believe how fast Miss P is growing!!! It wasn't even 4 months ago that she weighed less than a bag of flour...now she is as big as a bag of potatoes.
Before she was born I made 20 diapers in a '0-6 month' size and 28 in a '6-12 month' size. I don't know who decided what sizes for babies, but they are WAY OFF!!!
Miss P, like I mentiond, isn't even 4 months old yet (but will be in a few days) and she is now comfortably into 9 month old clothing. That also means, the first 20 diapers I made her and history...they are already packed away. The other 28 diapers, which were going to last until she was 1 year old, are not far behind.
So, now it's time to make more. Yes, I know I could just buy some. However, if you compared the diapers I have made to the cotton ones you can buy, you would see why I won't even waist my money on them. (Honestly, I am not sure how those store bought ones last longer than an hour on a baby...they do not look terribly absorbent). My diapers are soft, thin and absorbent.
My original ones were made following the basic prefold shape. Absorbent part in the middle, single layer of fabric on both sides. They do work awesome, but I thought I'd try something different with the next batch. I figured, if I am making them, why follow that same basic design...why not have a diaper that I don't have to fold before I use it.
And so, the 8prototype was created. And I have to admit, they worked pretty fabulously!!! I have tweeked the design a bit, mainly for more coverage.
Now, it's just a matter of finding some hands free time to get them cut out and sewn-because this daily diaper washing is getting tough to keep up with!!!
Wish me luck!!!