A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

50mm f1.8

As you know, I love taking pictures..my camera goes everywhere with me.
I have more photo albums filled on my book shelf than anyone I know. (Speaking of which, I have 300 photo prints waiting for their place in a photo album right now)
With the addition of Miss P, I have had even more reason to snap away!!! I have used the heck out of my point and shoot camera...and the dSLR stayed in the bag because I didn't really know how to use all those functions. Yeah, I took those photography classes in high school so I knew a little about how to catch good candids of people, but when you start taking about f-stops and apertures you've lost me.
Then a friend from my knitting group, who happens to be a local photographer (see Sweet River Photography), decided to offer a 'how to use your dSLR camera' class. I jumped at the chase. In very simple terms, she explained apertures, ISOs and f-stops. We snapped lots of pictures with our ISOs high and low and with our shutters fast and slow. We learned so much my head was spinning and I was excited to get home and pla with my camera...the one that had been collecting dust for 2 years.

And I have played and played and played...
Immediately after the class I purchased the 50mm f1.8 lense and I have been having a ball ever since. Before those numbers wouldn't have made any sense to me, now my http://www.amazon.com/ wish list is filled with lenses like the 10-22mm f3.5-4, the 15mm f2.8 fisheye, the 24-70mm f2.8 and the 70-200mm f2.8L and I am trying to figure out ways to add them all to my collection.
With this new information and my snazzy new lense, my pictures have improved a hundred times over. My only regret...not taking the class sooner and capturing Miss P's first weeks in far better quality than my point and shoot did!!!

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

with such a gorgeous model, it's totally understandable!! :) Good for you for learning how to get the most out of your camera!! And keep those sweet pix of that dear little girl coming!! :)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Your little one is so adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home